10 most difficult Czech Republic riddlesCzech Republic quiz
What are the Czech national colors?
Traditional colours of the Czech lands were white and red, derived from the Bohemian coat of arms. After Czechoslovakia has been established, the blue colour was added to symbolize colours of Slovakia and distinguish colours from the Polish colours.
How many kilometers has a metro in Prague?
The Prague Metro is the rapid transit network of Prague, Czech Republic. Founded in 1974, the Prague Metro now comprises three lines, serving 61 stations, and consists of a transit network 65.2 kilometres (40.5 mi) long. Prague Metro system served 589.2 million passengers in 2012 (about 1.6 million daily), making it the fifth busiest metro system in Europe.
What percentage of Czechs have completed at least secondary education?
Over 90% of Czechs have completed at least secondary education. This is the highest result in the EU ranking right next to Poles, Slovaks and Slovenians.
What dog breed was created by crossbreeding German Shepherd with wolves?
The breed was engineered as attack dogs for use in military special operations done by the Czechoslovak special forces commandos, but were later used for search and rescue.
Who first coined the term robot?
Karel Čapek was a Czech writer, playwright and critic. He has become best known for his science fiction, including his 1936 novel War with the Newts and 1920 play R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots), which introduced the word robot.
What place can be proud of having the widest, oldest and most precious book collection in Czechia?
The Monastery was tranformed into the Memorial of National Literature (Cz. Památník národního písemnictví) in 1953. The Strahov Library contains over 200,000 volumes, including over 3,000 manuscripts, 1,500 first prints, many incunables and "early printed books" stored in a special depository. It contains the near-whole collection of western Christianity literature, from its begginings to the end of XVIII century.
What region is not traditionally part of the Bohemian Crown?
The Lands of the Bohemian Crown were a number of incorporated states in Central Europe during the medieval and early modern periods connected by feudal relations under the Bohemian kings. The crown lands primarily consisted of the Kingdom of Bohemia, an electorate of the Holy Roman Empire since 1356, the Duchies of Silesia, and the Lusatias, as well as other territories throughout its history. An idea of a Czechoslovakian union only emerged during the Austro-Hungarian rule over Czechia and Slovakia. [Foto: King Wenceslaus I]
Where was the first university in Central Europe established?
The Charles University was established by the king of Bohemia, Charles IV of House Luxembourg in 1348. One of its rectors was Jan Hus. Despite wavering times, like conflicts with the Pope, it survived to be one of the oldest universities in Europe in continuous operation and ranks in the upper 1.5 percent of the world’s best universities (Data from 2014-08-12)
In which city is the Troja Palace located?
Troja Palace (Czech: Trojský zámek) is a Baroque palace located in Troja, Prague's north-west borough (Czech Republic), of which name derives from Homeric Troy. It's near to Prague's Vltava River and Saint Clare's and Salabka vineyards. It was built for the Counts of Sternberg from 1679 to 1691. The palace is owned by the city of Prague and hosts the 19th century Czech art collections of the City Gallery.
Where were sugar cubes invented?
in Austria Proper
Jakob Christof Rad, born March 25, 1799 in Rheinfelden (present day Switzerland), was a Swiss-born physician and industrial manager. Since 1840, Rad was the director of a sugar refinery in Moravian Dačice, currently in the South Bohemian Region of the CzR. The idea to produce sugar in cube form came from his wife, who cut herself while paring down the standard large, bulky commercial sugar loaf into smaller parts for use at home. He invented the process and associated machinery for cutting large sugar blocks into manageable uniform pieces, which he five-year-patented at the beginning of 1843.